What a year it’s been! I can’t believe another one has flown by already, and this one especially has been full of exciting next steps and loving reminders of why I do the things I do. I just wanted to take a minute today to feel grateful for everything that has brought me to where I am, and acknowledge the people who have helped me get here.
Top 10 Reasons I’m Grateful This Year:
10. Old friends and new friends. Some know my past, and some will know my future. Even though we may not get to see each other often, there’s always laughter when we’re together, and I know the best is yet to be!
9. My chef tribe. You know who you are. We laugh, we joke, we have cocktails. We plan trips. We dream big, fabulous dreams. We work damn hard every day to execute our goals and visions for our businesses. I am thankful that we are on this journey together. I can’t wait to see where it takes us!
8. Quilts. Not just any ordinary quilts, but the ones made so lovingly by your mother for your kids. The ones they (and their children) will wrap themselves in forever, feeling their grandmother’s love embrace them.
7. Sisters. Parents. Uncles. Cousin. You can all make me laugh and cry within the space of seconds. You know me better than most, and love me anyway! The universe knew what it was doing when it put our crazy, spectacular, hilarious, loving family together.
6. Our family kitchen. It’s the heart of our home, and the place we all meet to talk about our day. We eat, we laugh, we joke, we cry in our kitchen. We keep it real in our kitchen. I wouldn’t have it any other way.
5. All the support I have received from all of you as I embarked on this journey a short 9 months ago. The love and encouragement I have received from friends, family, consultants, business partners, customers, and our community has been overwhelming and has given me the courage to keep it going when I hit some bumps in the road. I am truly humbled and will be forever grateful.
4. Deb Miley Dishes. Wow! I finally did it. Thank you to all of you that listened to me for the last hundred or so years talk about starting my own culinary business! It’s never going to be the right time to do something you’ve always dreamed of, but at some point, it’s time. I can’t wait to see what we’re going to do next!
3. Long car rides to far-away hockey rinks. It’s during these rides that Tripp and I have our most meaningful conversations. And belly laughs. And hours of not saying anything. And singing our favorite tunes. I want to be his private chauffeur forever. And chef. And maid. And teacher. I want his 12-year-old gentle, kind, hilarious, innocent self to remain intact as he grows into the fine man I know he will be.
2. Olivia the Christmas Elf. Olivia loves all things Christmas. All. Year. Long. As I watched her decorate our tree this year with 18 years of memories, I couldn’t help but reflect on the beautiful young woman she has become. And her very first Christmas under our tree in Bayside. And then it hit me. 4 more years. Only 4 more Christmases until our girl is off to college. Father Time, please slow it down for the next 4 years.
1. Today and every day, I am utmost grateful for my husband, Greg, and the beautiful life we have created together. You bring gigantic love into my heart and make me smile (and curse) every day. Thank you most of all, for helping to make all my dreams come true. I love you.
Cheers to a healthy, happy and prosperous 2017! Let’s get this party started!